Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate.
All existing accounting information will be necessary to setup a new QuickBooks file and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial setup and installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting staff will receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of accounts and balances as of that starting date
- Preparation of a list of the items you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details
- Entering your bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system
- Entering any necessary transactions into QuickBooks
- Train you or your staff in use of software to meet your accounting, management and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure that you fully understand the accounting system and software and to ensure that you are “on the right track”.
- Monthly, quarterly or annual review of your QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and financial statements and reports.
- As with all of our services, if you have any questions after the initial set up we are here to help, just give us a call or send us an email
How much does it cost? We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we give an estimate of price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients.
Some of the areas top QuickBooks experts, as according to QuickBooks Expert Adviser Search, work here at KEandF! Please view our staff bios to see our staff’s qualifications and if you have any questions or would like more information regarding this service please call or email.